
-----
Speaking of seasons, I'd like to take back Nos. 6 & 7 (windows open, eating outside) off of the September Top 10. This heat is ridiculous! Where are the arguments against global warming now? Oh, right, only when it snows. Lordy. Replace #6 with "getting first tattoo" and #7 with "Monday evening meals with friends, even though it makes it feel like it's Thursday and makes the week looooooong". But, really, I hope that 17 September 2011 is not this warm!
-----
I am so irritated with the U.S. Senate for their failure to repeal Don't Ask Don't Tell. ATM & I have been watching a great deal of the Kids In the Hall lately. [We own all seasons if anyone wants to watch! I'm always game!] One of the Kids, Scott Thompson, is openly gay and they have a lot of skits with homosexual tendencies -- great stuff! Anyway, it highlights the fact that the gay issues of the 90s (AIDS, marriage) and the shithead bullies/detractors (Rush Limbaugh) ARE STILL THE SAME TODAY. Sigh. Frankly, I was naive to believe that repealing DADT would be the one issue that the U.S. Senate could take care of and move on. I sit here chuckling now. How foolish am I? Why do I have such a hopeful heart? Another Senate failure. Also, Sens. Lincoln & Pryor? Well, I can't say that I'm truly shocked by their votes. Lordy. I am so sorry I can't be more eloquent about my feelings about this issue, but, then again, I'm no Buddy Cole. Moving on.
-----
Joyce Elliott is our only hope. Truly. The rest of 'em can kiss my grits. Our fundraiser for Joyce is going to be 14 October 2010, starting at 8:00 p.m. There will be a spelling bee, trivia, silent auction, dunking booth, snacks, free flowing beer, and guest speaker Rep. Kathy Webb. It will be so. much. fun! I really hope that our friends & family show en masse to support Ms. Elliott. The lot of us that is organizing this event? We aren't a part of any PAC, organization, or interest group. We are just regular citizens who want to take an active, progressive part in the process. Mark your calendar, save your spare change! Pretty pretty please with sugar on top!


-----
I've got a couple of FEAR ANTS Sh4rpies if anyone wants one!

No comments:
Post a Comment